Friday, February 20, 2015

Manuel Sidney
English Composition 11000-B





How I became a better student

In my opinion there were many key factors that facilitated and contributed in both good and evil acts when I was a kid. As a kid I was not spoiled due to the fact that my parents had me when they were in their late forties. As a kid they were my fountain of support being that I depended on my parents in emotionally, socially and financially. I was terrible being that I was the baby and my brother and sisters were gone to college at the time that I was growing up; so they decided to be stern and somewhat soft depending on the situation.
My parents taught me everything you can imagine a parent could teach his child such as good manners, reciprocity, and affection. when the time came for me to start school of course it was the hardest being that I did not want to go to school. The first three months were outrageous I was upset, frustrated, and unwilling to contribute to anything that had to do with my class or classmates including my teacher. Eventually, I started to feel more comfortable at school and I also started to interact with my classmates and teacher.
 I do remember that both of my parents helped me to build a study habit by reading short stories on a daily basis, and also I was forced to read two short stories while I was on vacation. While I was going to school my parents expected no less than eight- five percent, which I found it to be extremely unfair and demanding. 
 All that my parents have taught me has served me as an adult due to the fact that it helped me to interface with the world around me; having to do with the most important factor that has to deal with human behavior that is called attitude awareness.
As of today, I feel that my parents did it with a purpose of building not only a good student, but also a better human being. To this day I hold myself to a higher standard not only do I try to maintain an average of eighty five percent, but at least an A average in all my classes.


1 comment:

  1. Your story put a smile on my face when reading how your parents accepted nothing lower than an 85. My mom always had something smart to say when i brought home any great. She would always say why isn't it a hundred. Even when it was a hundred, she would make some remark such as why isn't it 105. I have learned from that, accepting there is always more you are able to put in, do better.

    ReplyDelete